The Fellowships program is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 50 German Chancellor’s Scholarships are currently awarded. 50 German Chancellor Fellowships 2023-International Students.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation German Chancellors Program is aimed at university graduates from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, and the USA who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience. It appeals to potential decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders from a wide range of professional fields such as politics, public administration, business, society, and culture. This scholarship program is intended to allow them to spend a year in Germany exploring new solutions to the global problems of our time and expanding their networks. With this program, Germany is once again presenting itself as a popular destination for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow. 50 German Chancellor Fellowships 2023-International Students.
During their stay in Germany, German Chancellors engage in research projects that are socially relevant and have the potential for long-term, publicly visible impact. They are supervised by self-selected hosts in Germany who have the necessary level of expertise to mentor the topics. Their projects allow fellows to advance their careers by expanding their professional knowledge, gaining new international experiences, and strengthening their intercultural skills in Germany so that they can develop into successful international leaders.
You May Like: UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023
German Chancellor Fellowships 2023-International Students Details:
- Benefits: Partial Funding
- Host Place: Germany Universities
- All Subjects
- Who Is Eligible: International Students
- Host Country: Germany
- Deadline: March To October
German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 International Students Education level:
German Chancellor Scholarships 2023 – Scholarships in Germany are available for scholarship-level programs at German universities.
German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 Available subjects:
The following subjects are available for study under this scholarship program.
International Students German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 Benefits:
This scholarship for potential leaders will bring you to Germany for one year to implement a project that you have developed yourself. We help you connect here with international future leaders to find new answers to the global problems of our time.
- We offer you a monthly stipend of €2,000, €2,300, or €2,600 – depending on your education and career level intensive language course before starting the internship and financing of German courses during the internship.
- Individual support during your stay in Germany
- Additional financial support, e.g. for mobility, accompanying family members, travel expenses, full private health insurance, or additional German courses
- Joint events where you will experience professional and personal cross-cultural exchange with other colleagues from your year group and gain insight into German culture and society,
- Networking activities that allow you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organize smaller networking formats with other colleagues,
- A two-week study tour in Germany and a series of events where you can connect with other colleagues and meet representatives of German companies and institutions
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, especially to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany throughout your professional career
- Your host will have a monthly subsidy of €500 available for any costs incurred in carrying out the project.
German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 Eligible Nationalities:
Brazil, China, India, South Africa, USA.
The German Chancellor Fellowship sponsors future decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders – regardless of industry. We invite you to apply if you do
- Have Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, South African, or American citizenship
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society, or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- You will have completed your first academic degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating these twelve years is October 1, 2023.
- You want to do a self-developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- Have a good knowledge of English and/or German Advice on finding a host
Before signing up, you should discuss the details of your project with your chosen host.
- Submit the necessary application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
- cover letter: Tell us what drives you, what leadership experience you already have, and what your career goals are
- project plan: Before applying, outline a project that you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host. Why is your project of societal importance and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- An extensive statement including a mentoring agreement from your host in Germany and two letters of recommendation (not older than 12 months) from individuals who can provide information about your professional, personal, and/or academic background.
The online application form includes links to upload letters of recommendation and statements. Please forward these links to the appropriate individuals as soon as possible. Once we have received all the required documents, we will send you a confirmation email.
If you have any doubts or questions, please contact us before submitting your application (info[at]avh.de). We will be happy to help you.