Harvard University Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023 supports advanced research and study by individuals who show promise of significant contributions, either as scholars or administrators, to forestry and forestry subjects, including biology, earth sciences, economics, politics, administration, philosophy, humanities, arts, or law.
The scholarship is a highly competitive program that accepts only 5 to 7 recipients annually from a large pool of applicants. View a list of past fellowship recipients or learn more about this year’s Bullard Fellows.
Applications are open from August 1 to October 1, 2022, for scholarship opportunities in 2023-2024
Harvard University Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023 Details:
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- Host Place: Harvard University
- Subjects: Forestry
- Eligibility: International Students
- Host Country: USA
Bullard login accepted
Harvard requires a COVID vaccination for all members of the Harvard community who are present on campus. Information on this requirement and exemptions: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information
You may like: Chinese University Of Peking Scholarships 2023
Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023 Qualifications:
Bullard Fellowships are generally awarded to mid-career individuals who have established themselves in academia, public service, or the private sector. For those in academic careers, preference is usually given to holders of doctoral degrees, but others whose projects hold promise of significant contribution to forestry and forestry studies, broadly defined, will be considered for the likelihood that study and research at Harvard will help. fulfill this promise. The committee’s judgments are based primarily on the quality of the applicant’s professional accomplishments, academic achievement, and potential benefits resulting from interaction with the Harvard Forest community and its institutional resources.
Disclaimer: This is not a postdoctoral program; recent PhD graduates are generally not suitable candidates for a Bullard Fellowship.
Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023 scope:
Research areas include forest ecology, tree physiology, soil biogeochemistry and microbial ecology, forest resource management, conservation and biodiversity, land use planning and public policy. Scholarships are occasionally awarded in the arts and environmental humanities. Please note that arts and humanities proposals must demonstrate a strong connection to research at Harvard Forest.
Charles Bullard Fellowship 2023 Program association:
The main goal of the Bullard Fellowship program is to improve research activities at Harvard Forest and to build long-term collaborations that connect Harvard Forest with other parts of the university. Fellows may be based in Harvard Forest or affiliated with other departments and centers at Harvard University. Prospective fellows are encouraged to contact the appropriate Harvard collaborators well in advance of the application deadline.
Previous Fellows have worked with researchers and faculty on:
- Harvard Forest, Petersham
- Arnold Arboretum, Jamaica Plain
- Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
- Harvard Business School
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Harvard University Center for the Environment (HUCE)
- or a combination of these research institutions
Charles Bullard Fellowship Stipends:
Fellowships provide scholarships of up to $60,000; the amount of each award depends on the duration of the fellowship. Members have the option of having the reward paid to themselves or to the member’s employer.
In most cases, the stipend will supplement income earned for devoting a period of time to research, e.g., sabbatical leave for individuals in academic life, federally supported appointments to train individuals in the federal public service, or study leave with pay for individuals in the private sector. The fellowships are not intended to provide significant funding for original research.
Please consider the cost information discussed in the following sections:
Fellowship Location, Taxes, Travel Reimbursement, Supplies Budget, Health Insurance and International Fellows.
Charles Bullard Fellowship Travel compensation:
All Bullard Fellows will be reimbursed for one round trip between their Fellowship location and their home base. Reimbursement will be either the actual airfare or the mileage (at the rate determined by the IRS) between the two, whichever is lower. The Bullard are responsible for the travel expenses of all persons accompanying them.
Each Fellow award includes $500 to support related supplies of their Bullard Fellowship Activities.
Charles Bullard Fellowship Duration:
Scholarships can start any time after September 1st. Scholarships usually last 6 – 12 months.
The application requires:
- Completed web application form
- Contact information for 3 references who can provide insight into the applicant’s proposed program and their personal and professional qualifications for its implementation. Recommenders should submit their letters of recommendation for the 2023-2024 program through the secure online application system by October 15, 2022 (two-week grace period after the deadline).
- A research statement describing the applicant’s professional career to date, proposing a research program at
- Harvard, and evaluating that program in terms of its potential contribution to the applicant’s future professional career (maximum 5 single-spaced pages required).
- Curriculum vitae (no more than 5 pages) including:
- Colleges and Universities; dates of participation and degrees received
- He has held professional positions since graduating from university
- Any academic awards and honors
- Important books, articles, reports, etc.
- Significant educational and outreach activities (NSF calls these activities “synergistic activities”)
- Artists should provide a link to an online portfolio of their work
Applications for the 2023-2024 program must be completed with supporting documentation by October 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST. References are accepted until October 15th at midnight EST. Successful candidates will be notified by December 1 at the latest.
For more information: email@example.com.