Applications for Research Scholarship In Germany 2023-Gerda Henkel Foundation. A research grant is usually applied for by one scientist who will work alone on a specific project. Institutional affiliation is not required. It is not possible to receive a salary or old-age pension and a research scholarship at the same time.
The financing period is usually between one and 24 months.
The period of support for foundation scholars working on Ph.D. or research projects can be extended by up to 12 months if the holder becomes a parent during the period covered by the scholarship and is entitled to maternity or parental leave. Individual arrangements must be discussed with the administrative office of the foundation.
You May Like: LSE Atlantic Fellows For Social And Economic Equity Program 2023
Research Scholarship In Germany 2023-Gerda Henkel Foundation Details:
- Scholarship Benefits: Fully Funded
- Institute: Gerda Henkel Foundation
- Study In: Research
- Who Is Eligible: International Students, Non European Students
- Host Country: Germany
Research Scholarship In Germany 2023-Gerda Henkel Foundation Education level:
Gerda Henkel Foundation Fully Funded Research Scholarship, Germany 2023 is available to pursue research level programs at .
Join Us On WhatsApp: JOIN
Research Scholarship In Germany 2023-Gerda Henkel Foundation Benefits:
- Monthly stipend: 2,300 euros
- For one child: EUR 400
- For each additional child: EUR 100
- Family allowance is granted to children who have not yet reached the age of 18.
- Monthly subsidy for foreign scholarships: 575 euros
- Travel aid: as needed
- Material assistance: as needed
Recommendation Form and Letters:
Electronic application to the foundation
1. Please complete the entire application form.
2. The application form can be saved at any time. You can go back and edit the form for ten days using your own personal link. However, after this time (10 days) your data will be deleted from the server.
3. After filling out the form, you will receive a short summary, which must be confirmed in order to be sent electronically to the foundation.
4. During the transfer process, your data will be sent to the Foundation in electronic form. Confirmation of acceptance will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the application.
Follow these rules when uploading application files:
- All documents must be uploaded as pdf files.
- Please do not upload protected PDF documents.
- A single file cannot exceed 6MB in size for each file.
- You cannot upload more than one document to a single upload field.
- The application can only be sent if all the necessary documents are attached.
- Your data will be stored by the Gerda Henkel Foundation for the purpose of processing your request and will not be passed on to third parties.
- The Gerda Henkel Foundation is happy to provide you with information about the data we hold about you at any time. If necessary, personal data can be changed or deleted.
- This form can only be used to submit an application to the Gerda Henkel Foundation. The Foundation reserves the right to delete application data without prior notice if necessary.
Online Referral Form:
Letters of recommendation must be uploaded by their authors via the online handwritten recommendation form. Please do not send additional documents by email and/or post.
Online Recommendation Form
Research Scholarship-Gerda Henkel Foundation Eligibility Criteria:
- Applications for the “Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers” can only be submitted if applicants have obtained a PhD within the last ten years. The relevant date is the date on the PhD certificate. (This restriction does not apply to research fellowships after completion of a Post Doctoral Lecture Qualification
- The dissertation must have already been published at the time of application. Submitting a publishing contract is not enough in this regard.
- The topic of the proposed research project must clearly differ from the topic of the dissertation.
- Applications can only be submitted if applicants have received a previous research grant from the Gerda Henkel Foundation more than five years ago. The decisive date for calculating the time frame is the date on the final report.
- No renewed application can be submitted for a project rejected by the Gerda Henkel Foundation.
- Applications for a new project can be submitted if the last rejected application was submitted more than three years ago. The decisive date for calculating the time frame is the date on the rejection letter.
How To Apply ?
From now on, it is only possible to apply for general research grants electronically. The necessary documents for the application can be uploaded to the electronic application.
The following documents must be included with the research grant application (in German or English):
- Description of the research project (max. 8 pages)
- Plus bibliography if needed (except max. 8 pages)
- At least font size 11 and spacing 1.5
- please choose a legible font, e.g. Arial 11 pt or Times New Roman 12 pt.
Timetable and work plan with information about necessary trips to archives, libraries and museums or other destinations.
- Description of trips to archives, museums or other destinations that are closely related to the subject of the project and detailed calculation of costs (travel and accommodation)
- No flat daily allowances or flat rates for hotel expenses
no college fees or tuition
- calculation of material costs (e.g. for photocopies or film versions of archives, photographs, etc., not lump sums for books)
- tabular CV with list of publications
- copies of academic certificates (master’s, doctorate, professorship, etc.; please do not send bachelor’s certificates)
- One letter of recommendation
- Signed by the author
- Upload through the online recommendation form
Option to submit more than one letter of recommendation
Please note that the Gerda Henkel Foundation will not contact any reviewers and applicants are responsible for requesting letters of recommendation themselves.
Please do not send additional documents by e-mail or post.
Deadline For Research Scholarship -Gerda Henkel Foundation:
- Foundation committees meet twice a year to discuss applications and decide on grants. The application deadline for the 2023 spring meeting of the Foundation Committees is November 24, 2022. Applications must be in the Foundation office by this date. The Foundation’s committees will meet in April 2023. If your application is successful, funding can start as early as May 2023 at the earliest.
- The deadline does not apply to smaller financial amounts (max. 25,000 euros). Smaller financial amounts are provided by the foundation using a simplified procedure with a negotiation period of approximately three to four months. For smaller amounts of funding, follow the exact same application procedure