The University of Manchester is undoubtedly one of the best universities in the United Kingdom and has a valuable position among students around the world. To help with their studies, the university now offers scholarship opportunities for students to continue their higher education in the UK. If your dream has been to study in the UK, you should start processing your application for the University of Manchester UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023 offered to international students for their Master’s degrees.
Let us now know more detailed information about the University of Manchester Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students. Equity and Merit scholarships offered by the university are for those students who are academically outstanding and for those who have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in their own countries. UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023.
These awards are given to those students who are unable to continue their studies at Manchester without the support of a scholarship. The university offers two types of scholarships, namely:
- Full-time on-campus Master’s degree (duration one year)
- Part-time Master’s distance learning (3 to 5 years duration)
The University of Manchester provides 39 scholarships (29 offered for face-to-face study and 10 for online study). These are available for a wide range of courses such as environment, engineering, development, health sciences, education, textiles and law. Equity and Merit scholarships for international Masters students are only available to nationals of Malawi, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.
You may like: University Of Charles Darwin Scholarships 2023 In Australia
UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023 description:
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host University: University of Manchester
- Level: Master’s level
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31 August 2022
Eligibility Criteria for UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023:
The university offers scholarship opportunities to those students who are not only talented but also from disadvantaged backgrounds. If you are interested in applying, you must meet the following conditions:
- Only permanent residents of Malawi, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply.
- Have not previously studied outside Africa (training of 6 months or less does not count).
- They must have at least two years of professional experience corresponding to the chosen field of study (this does not include voluntary work or unpaid internships).
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and graduate by September 2021. The degree will be with an overall excellent grade.
- Because the scholarships are for exceptional students, and that means applicants should be in the top 10% of their class.
- Candidates should be committed to returning to their countries and should be able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of their country.
- They must have an idea of how studying at the University of Manchester will benefit both their career and the wider community.
Financial Benefits for UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023:
There are financial benefits associated with this opportunity if selected. Successful students will receive full tuition fee coverage. And for students who will be studying in the city of Manchester, the scholarships also include return international flights, visas and living expenses.
English requirements required:
- Since knowledge of the English language is required, the university allows you to apply without IELTS or TOEFL test results. However, applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to take an approved English language test.
- Remember that each Master’s course has its own English test result requirements, so you need to check the course profiles for more details.
- In most cases, applicants must have a minimum of 6.5 in the IELTS test (no subtest less than 5.5) or for TOEFL it should be 90 (no subtest less than 22) if you are interested in getting a scholarship. The University does not grant any exemptions from English language tests, nor does it recognize English language proficiency certificates issued by the student’s universities.
The deadline for submitting applications is August 31, 2022.
How to Apply for UK Fully Funded Equity and Merit Scholarships 2023:
The application period is open from 1 August 2022 and applications are now being accepted. It will continue to be accepted until August 31, 2022 for September 2023 intake.