USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 is a global program designed to encourage and support promising PhD students engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of doctoral studies. We also encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and letters of recommendation. USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023.
Scholarship winners are eligible for two years of paid tuition and fees, an annual $42,000 stipend to cover living expenses, various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers, and an invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
You May Like: Study In Turkey-Istanbul Youth Summit 2023
Having funded more than 200 students from around the world since the Fellowship’s inception, we are proud to continue to support exceptional PhD students in various areas of technological research. With the addition of close mentorship, the Meta Research PhD program aims to engage with our scholarship winners, learn alongside them and discover new opportunities in industry together.
Meta does not claim any right to work done during or as a result of the Fellowship. All research conducted by a Fellow belongs to the Fellow. This excludes any work completed as a Met employee if the Fellow were to undertake an internship or consult during their Fellowship.
USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 Details:
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- Meta (Facebook)
- Fellowship, Research
- All Subjects
- Eligibility: International Students
- Host Place: USA
- Deadline: 09/20/2022
USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 Education level:
Meta Research PhD Scholarships in the United States 2023 (Fully Funded) is available to pursue research-level scholarship programs at .
USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 Available subjects:
The following subjects are available for study under this scholarship programme.
USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 Benefits:
Tuition will be paid directly to the school. A total stipend of $42,000 will be paid to the Fellow by direct deposit unless otherwise noted. Scholarships must be paid directly to Fellows. Scholarship payments are sent upon receipt of the tuition invoice for the applicable fall year each year.
Award funds are delivered during the fall term of the awarded year(s) and close at the end of the spring term. If the Fellow graduates midway through the academic year, they will receive full tuition for the semester and half of the stipend (in accordance with the semester).
Transferring universities during the scholarship should generally not pose a payment problem. For more information, please contact Academyrelations@fb.com.
Use of funds and other restrictions:
- The $42,000 grant cannot be redirected to a university laboratory as a gift. Scholarships must be paid directly to Fellows.
- Tuition and scholarship/travel funds cannot be combined and paid to the University.
- Fellows do not receive equipment directly from Meta, but may use their stipend to purchase a computer or any equipment necessary to conduct their research.
- Members cannot join Meta savings account plans (eg 401k, Health Savings Account, etc.) because they are not Meta employees.
Scholarships are taxable and based on local tax laws (where Fellows are resident). Tuition is sent directly to the Fellows University and is not considered personal income. Members will be asked to provide the necessary tax information once they receive their award.
- Members who are US citizens will use tax form 1099-Misc.
- Members who are not US citizens will receive a 1042-S tax slip.
It is our policy that we do not advise Fellows on how to file their taxes. Fellows should consult a tax professional for further guidance.
USA Meta Research PhD Fellowships 2023 Eligible Nationalities:
You can apply to the program if you are:
- Enrolled in a doctoral program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (ie Fall 2023)
- Conducts research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta as listed in the Available Scholarships section
- The program is open to students from all accredited universities worldwide.
You would not be eligible if you are:
- Graduation before fall after each application cycle
- Planning to work at another competing company part-time while participating in the fellowship
- Contingent worker at Meta. We cannot pay CW salary and stipend at the same time.
- Resident Meta AI
- Scheduling a part-time internship with a competitor during the academic year (fall/spring). You can do an internship at another company in the summer before the Fellowship or in the summer between academic years during the Fellowship. This includes extending the internship into the fall.
- We will not offer awards to candidates whose research is outside the specified research areas described in the
- Available Scholarships section. Please read the description of each available scholarship carefully to ensure you are aligned with the correct research area.
We are currently unable to secure funding for undergraduates, postgraduates in various disciplines or alternative funding such as small grants.
The application must contain
- CV or curriculum vitae. A resume or resume has no page count. In this case, it can be helpful to have a longer resume to complement your accomplishments or any publications you’d like to share.
- Research statement. The research statement should be 500 words or less and should clearly identify your area of focus, its relevance to the field and its applicability to Meta if it relates to one of the available scholarships.
- Please note that links or citations count towards the 500 word limit. To optimize the word count for research statements, references and citations should be added to CVs that do not have a word or page limit.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of the letters of recommendation must come from a PhD advisor or research advisor. The second may come from another professor or a field contact.
- See Application Tips below for application guidance from Meta members and reviewers.
The application process
- Applications for 2023 open on August 3, 2022 at 9:00 AM PDT. Applicants can prepare to apply by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. . During the application process, applicants will be asked to provide contact details of references. Once the application is submitted, references will receive an email to upload their letters to SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022. Visit SurveyMonkey Apply for more information about references and how to apply.
- The deadline for applications is September 20, 2022. Changes to applications will no longer be accepted after the application deadline. There is no conversation associated with the community review process.
- Winners will be announced in mid-January 2023. Winners will be announced on the Meta Research blog. Due to the volume of submitted proposals, we are unable to provide individual feedback on proposals.
Want to stay up to date?